All personal information collected by Global Compassion will comply with the Privacy Principles as detailed below and as amended from time to time:
2. Use and disclosure
3. Data quality
4. Data security
6. Access and correction
9. Transborder data flows
10. Sensitive Information
Information We Collect
Global Compassion will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details so that we can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you donate to the charity or request information on particular projects.
Certain information which may be collected by Global Compassion will be regarded as Sensitive Information. The disclosure of Sensitive Information can only be made by Global Compassion with your direct consent. Some examples of Sensitive Information include:
1. Religious beliefs or affiliations
2. Criminal record
3. Political opinions
4. Racial or ethnic origin
6. Membership of trade union
7. Membership of professional trade association
8. Philosophical beliefs
9. Membership of political association
10. Sexual preferences or practices
11. Financial circumstances
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit Global Compassion website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. Global Compassion will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How We Use Your Information
1. To establish and maintain your involvement with Global Compassion, including providing you with newsletters
2. To provide the products or services you have requested from Global Compassion
3. To answer your inquiry
4. To register you for events, conferences or promotions
5. To assist us to make Global Compassion site, services and products more valuable to our community
6. For direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications
7. To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate Global Compassion and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event co-ordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested
Access To Your Information
You can request access to the personal information that Global Compassion holds about you by contacting Global Compassion Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Global Compassion will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Global Compassion cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
6. Contacting Us
By telephoning on 01273 433450 or by writing to The Strategic Administrator, Global Compassion, North Street, Portslade, Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1DG.